|courtesy - googleskins|
Are you pissed off those boring white backgrounds of google or just a picture put in the background , then here's something that you must try. Its igoogle. This service from google lets you customize your browsers homepage and makes it look like the one shown in the picture above.
iGoogle lets you create a personalized homepage fro yourself and comes with a Google search box at the top, and your choice of a number of handful gadgets below. Gadgets provide access to activities such as latest scores, weather conditions, local news from local newspapers and information from all across the internet like international news, without ever having to leave your iGoogle page. Here are some things that you can do with igoogle gadgets:
- View your latest Gmail messages on the homepage itself
- Read local and international news from Google News and other top news sources
- Look for weather forecasts, stocks and movie showtimes
- Even Store bookmarks for a quicker access to your favorite sites on the internet from any computer anytime
- Design a gadget of your own .
1. In your browser go to tools or click on the tools icon (Google Chrome)
2. Select options from the menu.
3. Under the Basics tab, go to the Home page section: select Open this page and type "www.google.com/ig" in the text box