Convert video/audio files using VLC media player
Simple steps to convert audio/video from one format to the other -
1. Open VLC media player.
2. Click on MEDIA.
3. Go to convert/save.
4. Or instead of following 2nd and 3rd step just press ctrl+R after opening VLC player.
5. Now a new window "Open Media" opens.
6. Browse the files you want to convert using the "add" option.
7. Now click on "convert/save".
8. Now first select the "profile", profile is actually the type of format in which you want the output to be.For eg., if you want to convert a video into an audio format,choose Audio-mp3 or audio-AAC .
9. Now in the destination option, select the destination file by clicking on browse a new window "save file" will open .
10. Choosing an appropriate location to store your converted file, rename the file in the format you want your output to be, irrespective of what you chose in the profile option in step 8. For eg, VLC doesn't show Audio-wav format in the profile folder but choosing any audio format in the profile in step 8 like "audio-mp3", if I name the file as audio.wav in the "save file" window I get the wav format output.
11. Click on save.
12. VLC now starts streaming. While streaming VLC actually converts your file.
13. Now go to the destination folder and play your file.
PS: - Using this method you can convert your audio file into wav format to change your windows start up tone.